Thursday, October 7, 2010

The first Anniversary

Wow what a year! Jeff and I celebrated our first anniversary last Saturday. We considered the cruise we took back in August as our big vacation to celebrate but we still wanted to have a little get away. Jeff's parents recently bought a cabin up past park city so we left Thursday and spent a couple of days there.
Friday we drove around and looked at a bunch of the cabins, enjoyed sitting on the deck putting a puzzle together and watching the deer graze! That night we went into park City and hit up the outlet mall, I must say we got some cute little things for our babe and I scored big with some shirts that will fit now and hopefully until January!
Saturday we drove up to the olympic park and looked around, went and got something to eat then found a little park to eat in and enjoy the perfect weather!  Saturday night we went to the same hotel and room we spent our first night together in and actually got to enjoy it! Last year we had to be up crazy early to leave for the honeymoon so it was nice to relax and talk about the past year, and enjoy the free dinner we got... dang was it good!

 This is one of the deer that came by while we were sitting outside.
One of my requests was for a real fire, the first night didn't go so well and it was late but Friday night Jeff a fire rollin' all night for me!
 This is the bobsled up at the Olympic park
 The ski jumps... and a nice frontal view of my lovely self, wow that's rough!
 This was either before or after dinner on Saturday. What a cute husband!
 Oh and this was the loft in our room then below were the couches and chairs with a desk and other stuff!
This past year has been one of the best I have ever had! I won't lie adjusting the first couple of months to marriage was difficult for me but Jeff took it in stride. He has been more than patient with me and we have grown so much together. I always knew I married the perfect guy for me and I can honestly look back and say I would do it all over again and again and again. I have learned so much from him and love him more today then I ever have and that's how I feel every day! I cherished our weekend together because with him working and doing his masters I don't see him much or get that one on one time and I couldn't have asked for a more perfect way to celebrate our first year together! I love you Jeff, you're my rock!

2 comments:

Visit Park City said...

Happy Anniversary! We are glad you got to relax and enjoy! The pictures are great, please share them on our Facebook page when you become a fan, www.facebook.com/parkcityUT

Sarah said...

Happy Anniversary! You look great Jenn!