Wednesday, October 27, 2010

30 Weeks

WHAT? 30 Weeks?! That's crazy to me! It has been such a fun few weeks for us. About 2 weeks ago I was laying in bed and not really paying attention to all the movement going on in my belly until I realized there was a rhythm to it. That's right! I could feel the baby hiccuping and it was so fun! I don't know if it's Norris or what but it seems like he has them a lot now! Then Monday night I was just getting in bed and I usually like to sit up and feel him move. Jeff was studying next to me and I pushed on my lopsided belly and for the first time felt some part of the kid. Honestly I have no idea what body part it was but Norris did not think it was so fun and started moving like crazy. I got Jeff to stop studying for a min to watch my belly, he has seen it move before but never the baby moving across my belly. I don't know how to explain it but for those who have been pregnant know it's not the sudden kick but when you can feel them changing positions and see some part of the body move across.  Those are my favorite to watch... Jeff... Not so much, grossed him out a bit. Shocking I know :) Here are some pictures of my 30 week belly:

By now little guy your measuring about 16 inches give or take and 3 pounds! You have pretty much hit most of your developmental milestones by this point and concentrating on putting on some fat. Your eye site continues to develop but even when you're born you wont be able to see more than a couple inches in front of you. As you continue to grow there will be less and less of the fluid around you that protects you but you'll still be safe, trust me mom has put on plenty of extra padding! We went to the doctor last week and I did my glucose and iron tests and everything looks good so far. I also had lots of questions for the midwife and she answered them just as though she could read my mind. That gives me a lot of comfort for when the time comes and I won't get any pressure to induce labor or anything else. That makes me happy! I'm not sure if you know but your mom is pretty set on doing all she can to have a Natural un-medicated child birth with you. Lots of people think I'm crazy but it is what I want and have always wanted, I think your dad is on board for the most part but we'll have Grandma there too to help sense she delivered both me and my brother without pain medication. We're I'm excited for our class tomorrow and to learn as much as we can about the process before you arrive. Just remember any time after Christmas and before your Dad starts school again would be great. I have a feeling the first few weeks of your life is going to be a little crazy and we want your dad around as much as he can be before he has to leave us! We love you very much, keep growing strong Norris!

No comments: