Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Favorite moments

Today marks our little Talon's 10th day and I wanted to write some of the moments from the past ten days that I always want to remember.
- Breast feeding... oh how you have made me cry!
- Jeff holding Talon for the first time.
- When Talon let out a little screech and Jeff telling him not to talk back.
- After every morning feeding Talon is wide awake for a good hour.
- My mom being here for 9 days!
- Jeff came home from his first day of class and did his homework with Talon.
- My big boy lost his belly button scab!
- His first bath at home done by his dad and how excited Jeff gets to do the little things for him.
- Reaching the one week mark, that was a relief to me as I started to get the hang of things.
- I love that I just look at my little man and get butterflies!
- I love that his new born clothes are too short but he's too small the the 0-3 still.
- We are starting to get into some sort of a schedule and nights are getting better.
- The way Jeff's face lights up when he talks to Talon.
- We had our first outing at one week to get some groceries and a quick visit to Dad at work!
- When he hears my voice he turns toward me, I love that he knows me!

Seriously it has been a whirlwind of emotions but I wouldn't change a thing. I don't know what i would have done without my loving Husband and my Mom that first week. I still wish she was here and it makes me so sad that my Family is not able to see him grow every day like me. Our Talon man is SO loved, and I have no doubt he knows and can feel all the love! We love him so much and I'm so excited to watch him grow and develop his personality, I just hope he doesn't grow too fast!
 Our first trip! One week.
 He just molds to his dad... and look at Dad's face! So proud!
 Us at one week.. I have sense found makeup again!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh I'm glad you are getting the hang of things...It's hard. I didn't for like a month or so! I can't wait to meet him! What a handsome little guy!

things we love... said...

Jenn.. He is so beautiful!!!!!! I can not wait to hold him... You are a great mommy!!!!