Sunday, July 11, 2010

Dear Baby

I have opened and re-opened this post a few times now. I have wanted to write down my thoughts about everything as it has been going on but all I really want to do is write to our little Norris. I have written about the day I found out and a few other days but for now they are private. As I come into the second trimester I feel better about the reality of a little human growing inside of me so I will write more about the experience, not for anyone really but myself, Jeff and baby Norris. 
14 weeks marks the 2nd trimester. The baby is almost fully developed his facial muscles are working away at making one expression to another. S/he can suck his thumb and has functioning kidneys. Measuring in around 3 1/2  to 4 inches and about an ounce and a half. 



Our little Norris,
I thought today I would tell you the story of your nick name (Don't worry baby you won't hear it once you are born). Before your daddy and I found out you were coming to our world we sat and talked about baby names. I have had a couple of names i have loved and as I told him he hated them! Yep that's right, names I have had picked out forever gone just like that. 
The name game quickly became a joke and your pops started tossing names like Chuck and Rambo. Awful I know! I asked him where Chuck came from and it's Chuck Norris of course, silly me I should have known it was from a TV show my grandpa watches. 
Right after he said Norris he was set on it and continues to torture me with it on a regular basis. I can say we have settled on two names for you if you are a boy that are much better but the girls names are in the works. We will continue to call you Norris until you are born most likely as we are not going to share the names we have picked until we give one of them to you after you are born. I don't feel like I can give you a name until I see you and know for sure you are a ________.
I feel as though we I am starting to believe it more and more that there really is a little baby in there baking away. So far you have been an easy little one. I only had about 4 weeks of feeling terrible and although I still have some days I'll take them after hearing your heart beat for the first time Tuesday. Pregnancy truly is a beautiful thing and I'm excited to continue to feel the changes good and bad. We are so greatful you chose us as your parents, know that we love you already and keep growing little Norris. Can't wait to meet you!
Love, 
Mom and Dad

*Information and photo from babycenter.com

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love this post! I loved writing to Preslee before she was born and I'm sure one day they'll appreciate it too!

dig4graves said...

So sweet to share your thoughts and feelings about "Norris" and your pregnancy.