Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Treasure hunting

I have been putting our house together since October and after a couple big purchases (our desk, a guest bed and coffee table) I decided I wanted to find the rest for a really good deal. Jeff laughs at me when i go to the DI, as I go at least once a week. I have brought home a few things that I was more than excited about.. he still asks me how much I paid for the frames out in the garage! ($2 for each one AND they are solid wood AND one of them is a 16x20!! People you cannot beat that!) TWO bucks! Great finds! A couple of weeks ago I made one of my stops and I've been looking for a couple pieces that I could use in our house. We needed a night stand in our guest/my craft room but it had to be small and functional! Little did I know this trip would be the one! I called my sweet husband and told him all about my treasure and how excited I was about it. Once he checked it out he wasn't so excited. Here is a little preview of what he saw:
Oh I tell you treasure! Sure it's missing a handle and its terribly ugly but what he didn't see was the vision!

After a little sanding (Ok A LOT) I got all that nasty brown off. Then I primed it and painted it white. (Sorry no pictures of the all white) I then painted it with Krylon's nickel and love how it turned out. 


maybe it's not for everyone but side tables are expensive. I got this little guy for $10 I had to buy another can of primer and nickle spray paint oh and the little knob was $2 with a 50% off coupon at Hobby lobby bringing this thing to a grand total of $18! Now that what I'm talking about!

No comments: